i was working on a gtk+ instance of the popular media player VLC. I stumbled upon a nice project, FreeTuxTV at google codes. It implemented the library libvlc-gtk by which it draws a vlc instance in their application.
hen i got a program written in gtk for a simple VLC instance.
i tried for about 1 week to make the code compile but in vain.. i mailed several persons and among them, Eric Beuque, the creator of that project replied me with some nice help. But then also i was unable to figure out how to make it work.
today.. in the morning i saw, firstly, the third party code was not right. it had a number of errors in it and i don’t have a idea how the other people in that forum compiled and run it successfully.
i corrected them and then compiled my program with
gcc -g -DLIBVLC_VERSION_MAJOR=1 -DLIBVLC_VERSION_MINOR=1 -DLIBVLC_VERSION_REVISION=0 -o myapp `pkg-config –cflags –libs gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0 libvlc` -I/usr/include/libvlc-gtk/ -lvlc-gtk -L /usr/local/lib/ a.c libvlc-gtk/gtk-libvlc-instance.c libvlc-gtk/gtk-libvlc-media.c libvlc-gtk/gtk-libvlc-media-player.c
and whoa.. it got compiled.
a nice concept clearing is the extra on this little hack.. i cleared my notions about gc at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Option-Summary.html and also browsed the pkg-config for compilation details.
off for now =)